You are here
Welcome to the Sid Wainer & Son® News Room, where we have collected all of our most honorable mentions, both recent and long ago. By setting the benchmark for quality, food safety, and customer service time and again, we are constantly in the spotlight. Follow our journey as a company from the beginning to today.
- Monday, June 27, 2016Southcoast Farms, Sid Wainer & Son's 45,000 square foot Mattapoisett-based subsidiary, works to bring fresh product from the farm to table as quickly as possible. The facility processes more than 200 varieties of vegetables and employs 60 full-time employees. Read the whole article at Wicked Local Rochester here: http://rochester.wickedlocal.com/news/20160623/southcoast-farms-takes-root-in-...Read more
- Thursday, June 9, 2016South Dartmouth, MA: Summer 2016, Sid Wainer & Son, the premier importer and distributor of specialty produce and specialty foods, announces the official introduction of Wainer Family Farm. Previously known as Jansal Valley Farm, the newly re-branded farm resides on the same property at 443 Barney’s Joy Road in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts. In the heart of the farmcoast, 1.5 miles from...Read more
- Thursday, June 9, 2016New Bedford, MA (May 25, 2016) – Sid Wainer & Son’s Jansal Valley® Boneless Prosciutto Toscano D.O.P. has placed as a finalist for the category of Outstanding Best New Product in the 2016 Specialty Food Association’s sofi™ Award competition. Since 1972, the Specialty Food Association has recognized culinary brilliance through the Specialty Outstanding Food Innovation Awards, or familiarly...Read more
- Monday, November 9, 2015NEW BEDFORD, MA – Sid Wainer & Son® is excited to announce the appointment of Allie Wainer to the newly created role of Executive Vice President. Allie, 4th generation family member, has been involved with the business since she could walk. Her entire life family dinners revolved around tasting and discussing the new and interesting foods her father, Dr. Henry B. Wainer, current owner and...Read more
- Thursday, November 5, 2015NEW BEDFORD, MA - - Sid Wainer & Son is embarking on the next phase of its growth. The most prominent importer and distributor of specialty produce in the country held a ceremonial ground breaking on November 5, 2015 to celebrate a 60,000 SF refrigerated produce storage and distribution facility that is being built on the company’s 21-acre site in New Bedford, Massachusetts. “This project...Read more